Causal factors can be defined as “predictable influencers of demand.” The ability to configure a wide variety of causal factors is one of the key strengths of the Demantra statistical engine and can make a significant impact on the shape of the forecast being generated and thus upon your overall forecast accuracy.
In this live workshop, we will show you how to define a “local” causal factor and demonstrate how to ensure that it is working correctly. We will also answer any questions.
- Types of causals and how they are used
- How to define a local causal factor
- How to maintain (edit) the local causal factor series in a worksheet
- Specifying relevant engine models that will use the causal factor
- Running the simulation engine
- Checking the results
- Q & A
Ken Spigarelli – Managing Partner, AVATA
Andrew Calder – Director of Consulting, AVATA